Author Topic: Suggestions...  (Read 130 times)

Issei

• View Profile
Suggestions...
« on: May 17, 2017, 10:04:53 AM »
Hello~
I would like to propose a few ideas :

- Skill reseter : we have npc to reset stats, but I haven't seen the npc for skills...

- Dungeon warp NPC : in front of every dungeon entrance, there will be a NPC. If you talk to it, it will allow the dungeon destination when you use the Warper. It's a sort of "unlock dungeon access warp" quest. Inmediate access to all dungeons is a bit anti-play : where is the adventure? it's too easy. And all dungeons level access? too easy too. As a beginner, I like to use fly wings and rushing between monsters, I'll kill them when I have enough level!

- Repeatable EXP quests : killing monsters to have specific items to exchange for EXP? I love that idea, it helps for some of my characters (errrr my full Dex alchemist for example...). I was looking for the sharp leaf npc and was quite disapointed not finding her.

- Hat quests : when I saw your custom hat NPC, first I thought "great"!! then... "it's a bit too easy". Why don't you create other NPC hat maker hidden in other towns?

- Ghost town : I was very surprised to see that Brasilis was the only "alive" town. Everything (and more) can be found in Brasilis, and other towns are like desert... whereas they are an important part of Ragnarok and each of them carry a specific atmosphere. It's a waste... The main street of Alberta could be used for our merchants & shop. In the main place of Prontera, we could find flags of the main guilds wanting to recruit (with a short description of the guild). Other towns could be used for games (Hide and seek, MVP Invasion...). The whole world is deserted except Brasilis, it's awfull...

- Is it possible to put EXP gained in % (EXP shown in the battle log when we fight monsters)? It would be clearer.

- Concerning hats exchanged for Hourly Points, is it possible to put a "try hat" choice? I'd like to try hats on my character, to see if I look fabulous... or not, before buying it.

In a nutshell : everything is in Brasilis, everything is accessible since the beginning of the game... where's adventure? Everything inmediately accessible is great for servers centered to WoE and PvP. But when you want team work, discovering RO world, RPG-like game... that's not that fun. I chose Ymir because it was said to be different when I compared all low rate servers on Ratemyserver. But I soon discovered that Ymir isn't that different. I don't mean to be agressive or showing disrespect, thanks to you I can play RO again. Ruling a server is very difficult, I figure that very well. I just would like Ymir to be full of little things that make it unique, and that every kind of gamer (PvP, party, RPG...) could find its place.

Errr that's all folks... I think XD sorry for my poor English and for the 1mile long message.
Bye~ and see you in game ;)
PS : I know why you are all in Brasilis... did you noticed it's the only town where you can find toilets??????
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:07:27 AM by Issei »

Rhizo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ymir Ragnarok Online
Re: Suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 02:09:57 PM »
Hello Issei. Sorry for the late reply, i seldom open my forum account because a few are active in forum. If you have some suggestions just message us on our facebook page YmirRO Facebook Page.

Anyways to answer all your suggestions.

Hello~
I would like to propose a few ideas :

- Skill reseter : we have npc to reset stats, but I haven't seen the npc for skills...

Will add this soon.

- Dungeon warp NPC : in front of every dungeon entrance, there will be a NPC. If you talk to it, it will allow the dungeon destination when you use the Warper. It's a sort of "unlock dungeon access warp" quest. Inmediate access to all dungeons is a bit anti-play : where is the adventure? it's too easy. And all dungeons level access? too easy too. As a beginner, I like to use fly wings and rushing between monsters, I'll kill them when I have enough level!

Good Suggestion! I'll note this.

- Repeatable EXP quests : killing monsters to have specific items to exchange for EXP? I love that idea, it helps for some of my characters (errrr my full Dex alchemist for example...). I was looking for the sharp leaf npc and was quite disapointed not finding her.

Will add this next maintenance.

- Hat quests : when I saw your custom hat NPC, first I thought "great"!! then... "it's a bit too easy". Why don't you create other NPC hat maker hidden in other towns?

Unfortunately, i won't change this sorry.

- Ghost town : I was very surprised to see that Brasilis was the only "alive" town. Everything (and more) can be found in Brasilis, and other towns are like desert... whereas they are an important part of Ragnarok and each of them carry a specific atmosphere. It's a waste... The main street of Alberta could be used for our merchants & shop. In the main place of Prontera, we could find flags of the main guilds wanting to recruit (with a short description of the guild). Other towns could be used for games (Hide and seek, MVP Invasion...). The whole world is deserted except Brasilis, it's awfull...

Actually the reason why Brasilis is the only main town for now is because we only have few players. And actually a month ago, when the warper and healer were not yet removed from the other towns, Players' savepoints were in different towns, and the downside of that is when a new player logged in the server, they will see few or none in the main town so they can't talk to anyone when they have questions and etc about the server, as you would notice i'm am unable to online 24/7 so as a result, the new player just leave. But i assure you that in the future when the players grow, i would definitely promote the other towns.

- Is it possible to put EXP gained in % (EXP shown in the battle log when we fight monsters)? It would be clearer.

We already have this feature. Just type in @showexp

- Concerning hats exchanged for Hourly Points, is it possible to put a "try hat" choice? I'd like to try hats on my character, to see if I look fabulous... or not, before buying it.

Will work on it. It's really a hard coding but i'll work on it.

In a nutshell : everything is in Brasilis, everything is accessible since the beginning of the game... where's adventure? Everything inmediately accessible is great for servers centered to WoE and PvP. But when you want team work, discovering RO world, RPG-like game... that's not that fun. I chose Ymir because it was said to be different when I compared all low rate servers on Ratemyserver. But I soon discovered that Ymir isn't that different. I don't mean to be agressive or showing disrespect, thanks to you I can play RO again. Ruling a server is very difficult, I figure that very well. I just would like Ymir to be full of little things that make it unique, and that every kind of gamer (PvP, party, RPG...) could find its place.

Errr that's all folks... I think XD sorry for my poor English and for the 1mile long message.
Bye~ and see you in game ;)
PS : I know why you are all in Brasilis... did you noticed it's the only town where you can find toilets??????

I'm really sorry to disappoint you, i was really trying my best to make the server for players to be their home, but unfortunately, all of players have different tastes and gameplay so i have to stick with the majority to be able for the server to be alive. For example, if i remove the warper, many of them will leave. Yeah at first tbh, i really like a no warper and no healer game play style but our server started with few population so no party will be formed. But don't worry, rest assured that i had many plans when the server grow. Btw, thank you for your suggestions. I hope that i'll continue to see you in-game even if we disappoint your playstyle. Thank you.

Issei

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions...
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 07:58:31 AM »
Hello~

Thank you for your reply. Don't worry, I'm not that disappointed, since I'm still here ;) I complain a lot, but I'm happy to play here. The amount of work in enormous, I'm grateful to you and your team.

Oh, another thing : I was very happy to see that if I check the hourly point hats npc with my merchant, I have a "discount"... which isn't applicable of course XD.

Thank you very much.

Bye~